Dr Santhosh Bethur
MBBS, MS (General Surgery) M.Ch. (Urology)
Dr Santhosh Bethur is fully trained to manage all urological cases including emergencies. He has expertise in managing kidney and ureteric stones and prostatic problems by minimally invasive techniques including LASER. He also has good expertise in laparoscopic procedures and renal transplant. He is experienced in managing andrology problems and his open operative skills are excellent. He is a member of Urological Society of India.
- Renal transplant
- Endo Urology including Laser
- Laparoscopic Urological Procedures
- M.Ch (Urology), Grant medical college and Sir JJ group of hospitals Mumbai (2010)
- M.S. (General Surgery), KIMS Hubli (2007)
- MBBS, Mysore medical college, Mysore (2002)
- 25 years of Experience in Medicine
- Internship, Mysore medical college, Mysore (2002-2003)
- Junior Resident(General Surgery), KIMS, Hubli Karnataka (2004-2007)
- Senior Resident (Registrar) Urology, Grant medical college and Sir JJ group of hospitals, Mumbai (2007-2010)
- Junior consultant, Bodyline Hospitals, Ahmedabad Gujarat(2010-2011)
- Assistant Professor Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation , IKDRC-ITS, Civil Hospital Campus, Asarwa, Ahmedabad- Gujrat(2011-till now)
- Consultant Urologist, Narayana Multispeciality hospital, Whitefield and HSR layout(2014-Till now)
- Consultant urologist, Columbia asia(2014-Till now)
- Suite 27, Medical Centre, The Sunshine Coast Private Hospital, QLD 4556
Training and Experience in Urology and Renal Transplant.
- Senior Resident (Registrar) Urology, Grant medical college and Sir JJ group of hospitals, Mumbai
- Junior consultant, Bodyline Hospitals, Ahmedabad Gujarat, (2010-2011)
- Assistant Professor Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation , IKDRC-ITS- Ahmedabad (2011-2014)
Work Experience at IKDRC-ITS- Ahmedabad
- Institute of Kidney disease and research center- Institute of Transplant Science (IKDRC-ITS) is a nephro-uro care tertiary referral center with attatched 300 bedded hospital. We here have an enormous work load with daily OPD attendance of more than 150 patients. We have operation list of around 20 procedures daily. We at IKDRC-ITS perform in excess of 300 renal transplant annually which include both living donors as well as cadaver donors. We are performing largest number of single center Renal transplant in India. Apart from renal transplant we routinely perform host of endourological, reconstructive and laparoscopic procedures. After my stint at IKDRC I am currently capable of performing most of the urological surgical procedures independently.
- TUR-BT -Transurethral resection of bladder Tumor.
- TUR-P and TUIP- Transurethral resection of prostateand Transurethral incision of prostate.
- HOLEP- Holmium laser enucleation of prostate.
- OIU-Optical internal urethrotomy.
- CLT-Cystolithotripsy (Both transurethral and suprapubic).
- PCNL-Percutaneous nephrolithotomy.
- URS-Uretrorenoscopy (Semirigid as well as flexible).
- Nephron sparing renal surgery
- Radical rephrectomy
- Pyeloplasty, ureterocalicostomy, pyelovesicostomy
Open procedure for upper and lower tract TCC
- Radical cystectomy with ileal conduit
- Radical cystectomy with modified Indiana pouch continent diversion
- Radical cystectomy with orthotopic neobladder reconstruction
- Partial cystectomy
- Partial penectomy
- Total penectomy
- Pelvic and bilateral inguinal lymphnode dissection
- Bilateral orchidectomy
- Radical inguinal orchidectomy
- Channel TURP
- Transvesical prostectomy
Transplant Related Procedure
- AV fistula
- CAPD insertion
- Donor nepherectomy
- Renal transplant
- Graft nephrectomy
- URS + PNLT + DJ stenting
- Bilateral Ureterolysis with Omental wrap
- Ureteric reimplantation
- IIeal replacement of ureter
- Repair of bladder perforation
- Augmentation iliocaecocystoplasty
- Anastomotic urethroplasty – Perineal, PAPA
- Urethroplasty (Buccal Mucosa)
- Urethroplasty (perineal, Traspubic)
- Hypospadia repair (Snodgrass’s procedure, Duckett’s repair)
- VVF repair
- UVF repair
- Rectouretheral fistula repair
- Laparoscopic Urological Surgery
Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy (Both simple and Radical) both trans and retroperitoneoscopic.
- Laparoscopic ureterolithotomy
- Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty.
- Laparoscopic orchidectomy
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy