Dr T Manohar
Chairman, Silicon City Urology Group
MBBS, MS, DNB (Surg), DNB (urol).MD (Fellow in endourology and laparoscopy (WCE, USA).
Dr Manohar, an internationally acclaimed Urologist has the experience and surgical expertise to treat problems ranging from very simple infections to most complex. Dr Manohar is adept in performing various laparoscopic procedures for urological disorders including prostate cancer, PUJ obstruction , kidney cancer etc to name a few.
Having done 700+ laparoscopic procedures and 9000+ procedures for the kidney stones , He is one among the few authority in the field of Minimally Invasive surgery for the genitourinary tract diseases including stones , malignancy and reconstruction etc.
Having done more than 6000 laser surgeries till , he has standardized the management of kidney stone (RIRS) be it large or hard stones and has the credit of doing 3500+ RIRS in India .He is the most sought after Operative faculty for laser procedures conducted world wide and has “innovative laser surgical procedure in tackling chronic UTI in diabetic”.
He has rich experience in treating large prostates by various laser techniques . He is one among few in the world to do large prostates (ranging from 100->350 gms) by HoLEP – (holmium laser enucleation of the prostate) technique (minimally invasive approach).
Dr Manohar has more than 150 publications, poster presentations at various national and international journals. He has various honors, awards and fellowships to his credit. He has been an invited faculty, panelist, moderator and an expert reviewer for various national and international journals. He has also been an invited faculty at International meets to demonstrate the techniques of laparoscopic donor nephrectomy, Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy ,RIRS and various other laser procedures across the world.
Dr Manohar is also involved in research activities in the field of recurrent renal stones and PSA effect on Cancer prostate and prostatitis .He is also assessing the epidemiology, etiology and PSA level of Cancer of prostate in Indian men.
- Laparoscopy and Endourology
- Laser Applications in urology
- Female urology
- Pediatric urology
- MBBS (Mysore University)
- MS (Karnataka University)
- DNB Surg – (Stanley Medical College , Madras )
- DNB (Urol).Muljibhai patel Urological Hospital, Nadiad
- MD (Fellowship in Endourology and Laparoscopy) (WCE, USA)
- 14+ years of Experience.
- 26/4, Brigade Gateway, Beside Metro, Malleswaram West, Bangalore - 560 055
- Ultrasound in urology
- Interventional uroradiology
- Applied ultrasound in my practice throughout my urological carrier and performed various diagnostic and interventional ultrasound procedures. Handling all sophisticated Ultrasound machine (including BK medical systems) Doppler sonography, Transrectal (TRUS including 3D TRUS) ultrasonography (done 500+ cases) and its applications and ICUSG (Intracavitary ultrasonography).
- Indigenously made Axial rigidometer A useful tool for objectively quantifying rigidity.
- Indigenously made Endocatch bag for specimen retrieval after laparoscopic organ ablation.
Honors, Awards and Fellowships
- General Award: International aryabhata award in the filed of medicine for the year 2011.
- Received Ist prize for the poster presentation: Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy Vs open donor nephrectomy: MPUH experience , at west zone conference ,Gwalior,2006 India.
- Received fellowship degree award in endourology and laparoscopy at cleaveland clinic ,Ohio,USA at World congress of endourology august 2006.
- Received first prize for the : “ novel technique for the removal of lower end of ureter in TCC pelvis” at international conference
- Won second prize for the presentation on “Nuances of laparoscopic prostatectomy ”
- First prize – Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy for large median lobe – KUACON -2010
- First prize _ laparoscopic radical prostatectomy in complex situations; SZ USICON; 2009
- First prize – lapaproscopic radical prostatectomy – general surgical meet – Bangalore 2011
Invited Lectureship / Symposia and scientific programme
Invited faculty/ panelist and moderator at various national and international journals across the world. reviewer and expert reviewer for various national and international journals
- Panelist for the subspeciality meeting at west zone conference: subject – Transplant update including laparoscopic donor nephrectomy WZUSICON, Gwalior, 2005.
- Panelist for the symposium on common urological problems GUJ Surgeons , West zone , Nadiad , 2005
- Invited faculty (speaker) at WCE (world congress of endourology) – August 2006 cleaveland clinic, Ohio, for the plenary session – Nuances of laparoscopic donor nephrectomy
- Invited faculty(panelist) at Asian congress of Urology – August 2006 cleaveland clinic for the Round table discussion – Risk reduction strategies in laparoscopy.
- Speaker for the symposium on laparoscopic pediatric pyeloplasty at International subspeciality conference . Goa , September 2006
- Operative faculty : Laparoscopic cohens ureteric reimplant and laparoscopic pyeloplasty conducted at Nadiad , Gujarat, India
- Speaker for the symposium on surgical complications of renal transplant. WZUSICON , Mehsana , 2006
- Invited faculty for the lecture on - Extended indications of laparoscopic nephrectomy for benign conditions at German urological congress(DGU), Hamburg, Germany, Sept 2006 .
- Moderator for the video presentations on retroperitoneal laparoscopic procedures at WCE held at cleaveland clinic at OHIO, 2006
- Invited faculty for the lecture on – PCNL in Ectopic kidneys at German urological congress(DGU), Hamburg, Germany, Sept 2006.
- Reviewer and Expert reviewer of various national and international Journals of Urology.
- Publications : More than 60 papers in various national and international journals
- Attended and participated in more than 15 national and international conferences
- Presented more than 100 Poster, Podium and video’s in various national and international conferences.
- Author: Editorial reviews and news letters in various national and international journals.
- Involved in regular ACADEMIC activities at various Institutions in India and Abroad.
- Moderator : laparoscopic video presentations in urology at national conference : USICON ,Patna – 2007.
- Invited national faculty at the ongoing training programme in laparoscopy and endourology at Jayaramdas patel academic centre(JPAC) at MPUH ,Nadiad.
- Invited faculty at the Lapcon – national laparoscopic workshop held at Calicut : March – 2007
- Invited operative faculty at laparoscopy – state chapter at Bangalore in October 2008
- Invited operative fculty at the Laser work shop , fortis hospital new delhi – 2008
- Opereative faculty for RIR sta rothak medical college , Rothak Haryana , april -2011
- Invited operative facuty for laser work shop- RIRS at BHU – 2011
- Invited operative faculty for the laser workshop at JPAC, Nadiad – 2011 ; guest lecture on symposium on small renal stones
- Invited operative and guest lecture for SIU webcast at nadiad nov – 2012
- Invited guest lecture on laser symposium at trivandrum – 2012
- Invited operative faculty for RIRS at Asian endourology conf at srinagar, Kashmir, june 2012
- Invited operative faculty for laser workshop at Apex hospital Jaipur , April 2013
- Operative faculty and invited guest lecture at AUA – sigura international work shop at nadiad 2013
- Invited operative faculty for RIRS workshop at INU , Bengaluru 1pril 2013
- Invited operative faculty at BPH – workshop at Ahmedabad – dec 2013
- Invited operative faculty for RIRS and laparoscopy work shop at SMS medical college hospital , Jaipur, sept 2013
- Involved in major research activities in uro oncology including pediatric group for Indian population.
- Already working on major research activities involving epidemiology, etiology and PSA level of Ca prostate in Indian men.
- Conducted prostate awareness screeing programme at Columbia Asia hospital in October 2007.
- Lower caliceal stone clearance index to predict clearance of stone after SWL: J endourol, vol 20(4) april 2006, Mahesh R .Desai, Raghunath SK, T.Manohar .Jour endourol april 2006
- Endourological management of pediatric urolithiasis- proposed clincal guidelines Erdenetsesteg.g, M.D.,Manohar .T, MS, DNBPrajay shrivastav, M ch., DNB Mahesh R Desai, MS., FRCS, FRCS
- Laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy: current scenario IJU 2006 julyManohar T Kishore wani, Rahul Gupta, Mahesh R desai, Indian jou urol 2006 september
- Pediatric PCNL for complex calyceal calculi and staghorn stones less than 5 years. T Manohar, MS, DNB, MD, Arvind P Ganpule, M.S.DNB,Prajay Shrivastav, M.Ch, Mahesh Desai, M.S. F.R.C.S., F.R.C.S, J endourol highlights issue august 2006 issue
- Supine PCNL: An effective approach to high risk and morbidly obese patients. T Manohar, MS, DNB, MD, Arvind P Ganpule, M.S.DNB,Prajay Shrivastav, M.S.M.Ch, Mahesh Desai, M.S. F.R.C.S., F.R.C.S, J endourol 2006
- Antegrade flexible ureteroscopy for impacted upper ureteric calculi in pediatric Patients. Rahul G.Gupta , Mahesh R desai ,T. Manohar (accepted for publication in IJU )
- Age specific PSA and PSAD in community based Indian population – establishing reference ranges.IJU 2007 Mahesh R desai , Arvind Ganpule , T Manohar
- Rrenal cell carcinoma with ipsilateral adrenal involvement and synchronus contralateral adrenal metastases: A case report Rajan , Mahesh desai, Rahul gupta,Manohar , Muthu ( accepted for publication in IJU )
- Simultaneous bilateral PCNL Mahesh desai , Rishi grover T Manohar , Jour of endourology.
- TRUS and fluroscopic assisted Transurethral Incision of Ejaculatory Ducts (TUIED): A novel approach to decrease the post operative morbidity and increase the fertility rates. MR Desai, T Manohar: Sent for publication in Journal of urology.
- Retrograde Intravesical Reconstructive Surgery (RIVRS): New technique for endoscopic management of lower ureter in upper tract TCC and partial bladder resection with primary reconstruction Mahesh desai T Manohar Sent for publicatiuon in jour of urology ,
- Simultaneous laparoscopic and endoscopic intervention in nephroureterectomy: An end of a technical dilemma?. T Manohar , Mahesh desai sent for publication in gold journal.
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy for benign and inflammatory conditions: Various approaches and modifications. T Manohar , Mahesh Desai : Accepted for publication in jour of endourology
- Transplant outcome in recipients LDN with multiple vessel Mahesh desai , Rahul gupta, Arvind , T Manohar : accepted for publication in Gold journal of urology
Following Papers were presented during the 22nd World Congress on Endourology & SWL held at Mumbai August, 2004
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty: Duplicating open technique– MPUH experience (Video): World Congress on Endourology 2004
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy in Kyphoscoliosis; Extended indications (Video): World Congress on Endourology 2004
- Nephrectomy in pyonephrosis: Open vs. Laparoscopic – A prospective randomized controlled study (poster). World Congress on Endourology 2004.
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy in Upper GU Tuberculosis: MPUH Experience. (Video). World Congress on Endourology 2004
Fowing Papers were presented during the 23rd World Congress on Endourology & SWL held at Amsterdam from 22nd - 26th August, 2005
- Renal Cell Carcinoma with IVC Thrombus : Is Laparoscopy an Option?
- Antegrade supine flexible ureterorenoscopy in the management of impacted mid ureteric stone in a 6 year old Male.
- Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty – Evolving techniques : MPUH Experience.
- Laparoscopic Uretero-ureterostomy in Tubecular stricture of Ureter.
- Laparoscopic Radical Cystectomy : MPUH experience.
- Intraoperative Complications and Management of Laparoscopic Surgery.
Following Papers were presented during the 24th World Congress on Endourology & SWL held at cleaveland, Ohio , USA 2006
- Management options for primary PUJ obstruction: T.Manohar, Nandkishore S K, Haresh thummar, Mahesh R.Desai
- Retrograde Intravesical Reconstructive Surgery (RIVRS): New technique for endoscopic management of lower ureter in upper tract TCC and partial bladder resection and primary reconstruction. Manohar.T, Mahesh R.Desai
- Simultaneous laparoscopic and endoscopic intervention in nephroureterectomy for upper tract TCC: An end of a technical dilemma? Manohar.T , Mahesh R.Desai
Following papers presented at 58th Congress of the German Association of Urology (DGU) Hamburg, September 20th – 23rd, 2006
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy for benign conditions – Extended indications. T.Manohar, Haresh Thummar, M.R.Desai.
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy in Ectopic kidneys: MPUH experience T.Manohar, Harprit singh, Mahesh R Desai.
National And Zonal Presentations
Following Papers Presented at the Annual Conference of West Zone USICON-2002 held at Nadiad,Gujarat
- Outcome of TURP in BPH patients with concomitantRenal insufficiency(podium): A comparative study
Following Papers Presented at the Annual Conference of USICON-2003 held at Gauwhati 2003
- MPUH experience with Dorsal-Onlay Free graft Buccal mucosal urethroplasty in complex urethral strictures(poster): Following Papers Presented at the Annual Conference of West Zone USICON-2004 held at Goa 2003
- Multivariate analysis of Outcome and Morbidity of Endoscopic management of upper ureteric stones(podium).:
- Incidence timing and out come of graft nephrectomy – MPUH experience.
Following Papers Presented at the Annual Conference of West Zone USICON-2004 held at Goa 2003
- Indigenously made Axial rigidometer A useful tool for objectively quantifying rigidity ( Innovation) :
- Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy : MPUH experience . (Video)
Following Papers Presented at the Annual Conference of USICON-2005 held at Ahmedabad 2005
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy for Extended Indications.(poster)
- Laparoscopic Flap Pyeloplasty for long segment PUJ obstruction (video) : Following Papers Presented at the Annual Conference of West Zone USICON-2004 held at Akola, Maharashtra State from 3rd to 5th September, 2004.
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty – An initial MPUH experience
- Role of super selective renal embolisation in Massive bleeding following PCNL: MPUH experience
- Nephrectomy in Pyonephrosis: Open Vs.Laparoscopic : A Prospective randomized controlled study.
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy in Upper GU Tuberculosis: MPUH Experience.
- Laparoscopic Nephroureterectomy: A novel technique to dissect the distal ureter.
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty – An initial MPUH experience
Following Papers presented at the Annual Conference of USI held at Ahmedabad from 8th to 11th January, 2005
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy for ADPKD : Is it a viable option ?.
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy for benign conditions – Extended indications
- Laparoscopic flap pyeloplasty for long segment PUJ Obstruction.
- Pre transplant nephrectomy for ADPKD in the era of Laparoscopy : MPUH eperience.
- Upper GU Koch’s : Lap Vs. Open – A comparative study.
- Laparoscopic pyelolithotomy for a large pelvic stone in a horseshoe kidney
- Renal resistive index in the management of acute ureteric colic.
- Ureteroscopy for Pediatric stone disease : The MPUH Experience
Following Papers Presented at the Annual Conference of West Zone USICON-2005, held at Gwalior from 28 to 30th October, 2005
- Laparoscopic Anderson- Hynes Dismembered Pyeloplasty in Children
- Percutaneous Management of Renal and Perinephric Abscesses
- Nephron-Sparing Surgery in Synchronous Bilateral Wilms’ Tumor
- Retrograde intrarenal surgery –MPUH experience
- Laparoscopic vs. Open Radical Nephrectomy- A comparative study.
- Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy Vs Open donor nephrectomy: MPUH Experience
- Laparoscopic repair of retrocaval ureter with Renal stone
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty – Evolving techniques: MPUH experience
- Outcome of Renal Transplant with arterial variations following Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy.
- Antegrade Supine Flexible Ureterorenoscopy In The Management Of Impacted Mid Ureteric Stone In A 6 yrs Old Male
- Comparative study of Idiopathic calcium urolithiasis in children and young adults.
- Renal pelvic instillation therapy for chyluria – MPUH experience
Following Papers presented at the 39th Annual Conference of USI held at Varanasi from 2 to 5th February, 06
- Laparoscopic vs. Open radical nephrectomy- a critical appraisal
- Laparoscopic donor Nephrectomy: comparing renal allograft outcomes stratified by donor age.
- Nephron sparing surgery in renal tumors: mpuh experience moderated Retrograde intrarenal surgery –mpuh experience
- Various pyeloplasty techniques for pujo - can we duplicate them laparoscopically: -mpuh experience.
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy for benign conditions – extended indications.
- Laparoscopic pyelolithotomy for a large pelvic stone in a horseshoe kidney.
- A month with a double-j stent: the short term morbidity and outcomes of ureteric stenting.
- Simultaneous bilateral percutaneous nephrolithotomy: a safe and effective procedure.
- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy- mpuh experience.
- Laparascopic adrenalectomy - our experience.
- Laparoscopic ureteroneocystostomy with psoas hitch for mid ureteric stricture.
- Factors affecting outcome of posterior urethral valves. A long term study .
- Laparoscopic ureteroureterostomy for retrocaval ureter.
- Reconstructive laparoscopic surgeries in patients with ureteral strictures.
- PCNL in children less than 5 years of age- a single center experience
- Cannulation of an incompletely duplicated “y” ureter prior to percutaneous nephrolithotomy: a point in technique
- Does n-acetyl cysteine prevent contrast associated nephropathy? A prospective randomized controlled study.
Following Papers presented at the 40th Annual Conference of USI held at Patna February, 07
- Laparoscopic Nephron Sparing Surgery: Our Initial Experience Anil R, Rajan Sharma, Mahesh R Desai, T. Manohar
- Efficacy of extra corporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) in children using Dornier Compact Delta as compared to adults. Nandakishore S.K, Abraham Kurien, T. Manohar, V. Muthu
- Surgical aspects in pediatric renal transplantation: a single centre indian experience Shashi kant mishra, T. Manohar, A. Ganpule, V. Muthu, Mahesh desai.
- Intraoperative complications & management of laparoscopic urologic surgery Nandakishore. S.K, Vineet Malhotra, T.Manohar, V.Muthu, Mahesh Desai
- Case Report: Tuberculosis affecting lower moiety of duplex renal system Prashant Jain, T. Manohar, V. Muthu, A. Ganpule, S Mishra, Mahesh Desai
- Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy; impact of warm ischemia on allograft function Shashi Kant Mishra, T. Manohar, A. Ganpule, V. Muthu, Mahesh Desai,
- Supine PCNL: An effective approach to high risk and morbidly obese patients. Prashant Jain, T. Manohar, V. Muthu, R. Jayaganesh, A. Ganpule, Mahesh Desai
- Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy – technique and modifications T. Manohar, Mahesh desai, Mihir desai.
- Retrograde Intravesical Reconstructive Surgery (RIVRS): New technique for endoscopic management of lower ureter in upper tract TCC and partial bladder resection and primary reconstruction. T. Manohar, Mahesh desai, V.Muthu , Mihir desai.
- Primary Percutaneous Nephrolithotripsy In Ectopic Kidneys Harprit Singh, Mahesh Desai, Vineet Malhotra, T Manohar
- The Under Diagnosed Association: Co-Existence Of Renal Calculi With Malignancy: 20 Years Experience Haresh G Thummar, T Manohar , V Muthu, Mahesh R Desai
- Nephrolithiasis Induced Renal Insufficiency: Can We Predict And Prevent It? Haresh G Thummar, T Manohar, V Muthu, Mahesh R Desai.
- WEST ZONE USICON. Nadiad –October 2002
- WEST ZONE USICON . Goa – September 2003
- WEST ZONE USICON Gwalior – October 2005
- 36TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE : USICON – 2003, GUWAHATI
- 37th ANNUAL CONFERENCE : USICON – 2004, KOCHI
- 38TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE : USICON – 2005 , AHMEDABAD
- 40 TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE : USICON – 2007, PATNA
- 22ND WORLD CONGRESS ON ENDOUROLOGY & SWL – 2004, MUMBAI , INDIA.
- 23RD WORLD CONGRESS ON ENDOUROLOGY & SWL – 2005, AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS.
- 24RD WORLD CONGRESS ON ENDOUROLOGY & SWL – 2006, CLEAVELAND , USA.
- Ist WORLD SUMMIT ON KIDNEY SURGERY: Tele Video Conference , cleaveland clinic , ohio,USA.(At MPUH hospital ,Nadiad)
- Ist WORLD SUMMIT ON RADICAL PROSTATECTOMY: Tele Video Conference , cleaveland clinic , Ohio,USA.(At MPUH hospital ,Nadiad)
- 58th NATIONAL GERMAN UROLOGY CONGRESS (DGU) – 2006 HELD AT HAMBURG, GERMANY.
Training programme/ workshops conducted /attended
- Laparoscopic urologic surgery organized by ETHICON ENDOSURGERY: March – 2005
- Live operative workshop on LAPAROSCOPY & FLEXIBLE URETEROSCOPY Gwalior 2005
- Live operative workshop on LASER uses in urology , Hamburg, Germany 2006
- Live operative workshop in flexible ureteroscopy at MPUH , Nadiad 2007
- Weekly Laparoscopic wet lab training: Doing and teaching advanced laparoscopic training on animals.